Wellbeing through Ritual
Time & Location
About the Event
Duration: 3 hours
Experience the healing components found in ritual traditions. By exploring artistic techniques used in contemplative meditation practice, you will discover the mysterious, magical, and medicinal powers of natural dyes.
This workshop will explore how indigo, a natural dye plant, is cultivated, processed, and used in sacred as well as everyday rituals. Participants will get to experience the magic of dipping textiles and other natural materials into the dye bath, watching the colour turn from yellow to blue. They will have the opportunity to try several methods of shibori, a Japanese tie-dye technique, to create unique patterns on their cloth. At the end of the workshop, a small amulet or pin will be made from the indigo samples giving a sense of protection and visual pleasure through the beautiful and powerful blues produced by indigo.
These workshops are suitable for:
- Individuals (adolescents 15 years and above and adults, unless otherwise stated)
- Caregivers (social workers, medical health professionals, educators)
- Small Groups (couples, families with children 15 years old and above)
- Large Groups (To arrange specially designed creative wellness and team building workshops for social and healthcare workers, schools, or corporate professionals, please contact Kelly by email. firstname.lastname@example.org)
Terms and Conditions:
- Workshops need a minimum of 4 persons to run. If this number is not met the day before the session, the workshop will be canceled and a full refund will be given to each participant.
- All art materials are included in the workshop fees.
- Workshop place is confirmed only after payment has been made.
- Wellbeing through Ritual$180$1800$0